With the holidays right around the corner, you are probably searching for what to give that special photographer in your life. No need to look elsewhere, I have asked photographers from all over what is on their wish list and put together theultimate holiday gift guide forthe photographer in your life.
- At just slightly over $100, the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lensis the one to get that new photographer. It gives you the most bang for your buck and they will see instant results with the quality of their photos. Nikon also makes a similar lensNikon AF FX NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8D Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras
- Reflectors are a great gift for a new or seasoned photographer. They make a great additiona to their collection of goodies, and have versatility to change the look of their photos. The one I have and love is theNeewer 43-inch / 110cm 5-in-1 Collapsible Multi-Disc Light Reflector with Bag – Translucent, Silver, Gold, White and Blackand is usually under 20 bucks!
- E-Books are a fantasticresource for any level photographer and the perfect present to give them! There are a wide selection of books to choose from at Digital Photography School( you may have read a few of my guest authorposts over there 🙂 ) You will findportrait books to landscapes and everything in between. And most of them are less than $20!
- There is always education. Investing in the photographer is the best gift you can give them and will last forever! There are many classes and coursesout there to gift the photographer, but Iam a little biased when I say that my eCourses available in the Cozy Clicks Education school are an awesome investment- and some are even under $100 for lifetime access!
Mid Priced Gifts
- If you are looking for a gift for that photographer ready to step by their game, a starter DSLR camera is a great option! The Canon EOS Rebel T5 DSLR Digital Camera is a great camera ( it’s also a newer version of the one I first started with!) For someone new or looking to get serious abouttaking great pictures, this camera is the way to go! This link abovealso includes a lens and accessorybundle making it a killer deal
- Another option is the Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM . This lens is a great addition for a new or pro photographer. A little more expensive than the recommend lens above, this lens will totally rock any portrait session and that special someone will love you for it! It is also one of the most wished for lenses by many portrait photographers. The Nikon AF FX NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G is the Nikon version of the lens.
- For adding a little extra light to images the Canon Speedlite 430EX III-RT Flashis a great gift choice! This is a great gift for the natural light photographer who is starting to experiment with flashes. I own this flash as well!
Top of The Line(or the gifts that they will really love you for!)
- My favorite and lens by far and the one I use with most of my work is the Canon EF 135mm f/2L USM Lens . This is under $1000, but one of the best and best priced luxury lenses available. To really wow that photographer you are buying for this is it!
- Ok, here is the absolute ultimate (and priciest) gift you could give that photographer is your life: Canon EF 200mm f/2L IS Telephoto Lens fThis is the lens that will blur the background and give tack sharp photos. It is one of the most sought after lens for portrait photographer. It is also the lens I ask Santa for each year…here is to holiday wishing:)
Ihope this guide gave you some great ideas for that photographer in yourlife. This post does include some affiliate links, however, Ihave owned, currently use or dream to have all of the products listed in the guide and recommend each of them! Happy shopping and happy holidays!